Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Harvest Halloween Sponsor Spotlight and Interview- Honeybull Beetique

I have a thing for honey. Ok I admit I might be a bit biased as my first name Melissa means honeybee. So when Theresa of Honeybull Beetique was gracious enough to offer up 3 jars of honey for my healthy foods prize package I was ecstatic! Much of the honey sold in the US is from China and contain heavy metals. So what makes Honeybull Beetique honey so great is it is fresh, raw honey extracted from hives along the Utah Wasatch Front mountain range. Honey is great gift to give for people who love tea, as wedding favors, to a friend with a nasty cold, or to someone who loves to cook and bake. Just remember while honey is healthy and great for sore throats never give it to a child under the age of one. Anyone who makes a purchase in Honeybull Beetique between now and the end of the giveaway will get an extra ten entries! 




Why did you open your shop filled with honey?
I opened my shop because when I got married in June I wanted to give out honey favors as my fiance is a honey hobbyist and we have a small apiary at our home. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for that I could afford. I specifically wanted customized small hexagon honey jars with fabric tops. The options I did find were way over my budget so we decided to do them ourselves. I had bought several items for my wedding from Etsy so after the wedding I wondered if anyone else would be interested in what I was for my wedding favors. I started my shop not really expecting the interest that I have received. But it's great fun for me. I work a full time job so I am not doing it for the money, but it is very satisfying and rewarding. 

What is your favorite use for honey?
On Sundays I usually make a big dinner. My husband and I have 6 children together. I often make homemade rolls and we serve them with our honey. My other favorite use is in hot toddy's when I have cold. ;)


What is your favorite thing to do in the fall?
My favorite thing to do in the fall is cook soups and photograph the changing leaves. I live on the bench of the Rocky Mountains and we get beautiful changing leaves in the fall. 


What are your future plans for your shop?
I don't really have future plans for my shop except to start using my kids to help fill orders especially as spring approaches. I have helped several potential customers on tight budgets with instruction on how to do the jars themselves and where to get product, etc

Any tips someone who is thinking about opening their own Etsy shop
?
My tip for anyone thinking of opening an Etsy shop is to make sure you have the capactiy to meet orders or be prepared to turn people away.




No comments: