Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book Review: Watch Over Our Water by Lisa Bullard

I was excited to read this book to my son. I'm very big on trying to conserve, reduce, reuse, recycling and saving our planet in general. It just plain makes sense. Watch Over Our Water is a childrens book that gives information about our planet's drinking water. It has tips on how to conserve water and ways to keep drinking water safe.

I admit I was a bit afraid that it would end up being too preachy or too "textbook" but it was a perfect balance. There was enough silliness to keep my son listening but not so much information that he couldn't understand what was being said. Concepts were put simply and in ways that children can understand. The illustrations were absolutely gorgeous! My son immediately wanted me to read it to him again! He then made me go through a third time so he could point out the different things in the pictures! I would call this one a winner! I give it 5 out of 5!

3 comments:

popps said...

5 out of 5 is pretty good - but what is the BEST children's book in your, or your son's, or both - opinion?

Unknown said...

Mom son is only 4 so his idea of "best" is whatever mommy chooses to read to him LOL. When I was his age my favorite was The Monster at the End of This Book. By the 3rd grade Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was tops. As an adult now I admit I love the Harry Potter books :)

popps said...

Sssssssh is a great book, i think, for that age.
I'll dig out my copy and give you some more info.