Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Harvest Halloween Sponsor Spotlight and Interview- Country Home Baking

Shop owner Mindy from CountryHomeBaking is a stay at home mommy. She is focused on bringing back the old fashioned craft of baking, pickling, and making jams and jellies. There was a time when you didn't go to the supermarket to get your jelly, cookies or even your bread! It was all made at home fresh and without the chemicals and preservatives you find in today's prepackaged foods. Mindy has so graciously donated to the Harvest hop some of her apple chips, zucchini/squash chips, and some of her no sugar added pear and apple sauce! Of course if you are feeling a bit naughty be sure to check out her fresh baked goods. From pumpkin bread to fudge mocha brownies you are sure to find something to satisfy your sweet tooth. So check out her shop to see if you wanna be good or a bit naughty or even both! She even has some awesome vintage items for sale. You can check out her facebook and twitter to keep up to date on the latest goings on.




 What is your favorite time of year?My favorite time of the year is Fall, I love the turning of the leaves, the colors the brisk feeling in the air and the rain (good thing I live in Oregon :))




What is your favorite item from your shop? I LOVE my Homemade Rolls, I remember watching my Great Grandma and Granny make them from the time I was very little. They are excellent to eat and bring back great memories everytime I make them.



Since you are a baker are there any baked goodies you love but can't seem to bake? I love Cheese cake and although mine tastes okay...it never looks very good!


What are your future plans for your shop?
I would love to continue to build my shop, I love baking and creating great goods.

What ignites you when you bake? Baking reminds me of my early childhood. Lived very close to my Great Grandma, Granny and of course my mom, and I remember them baking and canning all year and together, I think it gives me a great sence of pride and family tradition to continue on.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her shop is just full of yummy looking things. Thanks for introducing me to it.