Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Book Review- Fall Pumpkins:Orange and Plump by Martha E.H. Rustad




I have been looking for some good fall time children's books to read to my son. So I was happy to be able to review this book. The book tells the life cycle of pumpkins from being planted all the way to being harvested and eaten. 

The illustrations are wonderfully done. With beautiful colors that represent all the different seasons. It was not too overly wordy so my 4 year old did not lose interest but at the same time it gave some great information to him on how pumpkins grow. He asked me to read it to him 3 times! There is even a recipe in there for roasted pumpkin seeds. Yum!

I asked my son whether he liked the book and he said "yeah I do. It was good book". The book is perfect for the fall. It is not focused on Halloween but rather on the pumpkins themselves. I loved the drawings and I loved that my son was so interested in it. So if you are looking for a good fall book that you can read to your child beyond Halloween I would highly recommend this book. Good for children who are very young or with short attention spans. Educational yet fun. I give it 4 and half out of 5 stars.

No comments: