Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book Review: Mr. Pusskins: A Love Story by Sam LLoyd

Took my son to the library the  other day and let him pick the majority of books we read. This was one of them and of course he picked it because..well cats.

Mr. Pusskins is a mean cat. His owner shows him nothing but love. But Mr. Pusskins is not content and decides to venture out into the world. Till one day he realizes just how good he had it when he was back home.

The drawings in the book were fun. Mr. Pusskins was perfectly show to be a curmudgeon. I mean look at that cover! How much meaner can one cat look? Ok so the cat wasn't mean...he was just the sterotypical cat that ignores its owner. I can't tell you how many times my own cat ignores my calls for cuddling or playing with his toy mouse.

I like that the cat missed his owner and in the end became less of a sour puss. My son of course loved the cat even when he was all feral looking. I don't think he picked up on the appreciating what you have message but he enjoyed it all the same.


This one was a 5 out of 5.






No comments: