Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book Review: David Goes to School by David Shannon

One of the last books we picked up on our trip to the library was this book. I refused to grab any more
cat books and my son was stumped on what to pick. So seeing the interesting looking cover I scooped it up.

David Goes to School tells the story of one school day. David has a problem following the rules and constantly hears "No, David".

Alright so this was light on content. There wasn't much plot. Just David causing a lot of trouble. What I found funny about it is that it reminded me of my son so much. They were all things I could see my son doing. Not because he means to be bad. Just because he doesn't fully realize that doing those things are bad.

The best part of this book was the drawings and the font. It was written to look like a kid writing on lined paper. BRILLIANT! I thought that was just the greatest idea ever. It might have been done in other books but in this book it works and really couldn't be done in normal every day font. Nope having it be apart of the pictures and look like it is written on paper just works with this story.

Because of how simple this book was it was over after only 2 minutes of reading. So my so did well with it. Though he swore he was nothing like David.

4 out or 5 stars



**This book was read with my special needs son who is severely learning disabled. The review reflects not only my opinion but his as well

No comments: