Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book Review: I Love You, Grandpa by Vivian French

Here is another book from our trip to the library the other day. This book has extra meaning for us
right now as both of my parents have been very sick and in and out of the hospital plus the death of my mother in law last month. So, my son is very conscience of the health and well being of his grandparents.

This cute little book features some kitties who are being watched by their grandfather while their mother has to work. Stanley's brother and sisters want to play soccer and jump rope but Stanley is not very good at those things. Stanley has decided that he is going to help take care of grandpa. While sitting down to relax Stanley sings his grandpa a song and soon all the kittens are fast asleep.

I thought that there was a positive message happening in this book. Even though Stanley couldn't do all the things that his brothers and sisters could he still had his own talent...singing. I like that he had such a close relationship with his grandfather. I also loved that the grandfather tried to do all the things his grandchildren wanted to do even though they wore him out.

The drawings were great. The cats all looked so adorable and I think that was my son's favorite part. He loved looking at the drawings and spent extra time flipping back through the pages after we had finished it.

4 out of 5 stars!




**This book was read with my special needs son who is severely learning disabled. The review reflects not only my opinion but his as well

No comments: