Friday, June 12, 2015

Book Review: Miss Hazeltine's Home for Shy and Fearful by Alicia Potter

Ok so this is the first book out of 100 books I'm reading to my son this summer. At first he didn't want me to read him a book when he got home from school. But I quickly pulled this one out of the batch of books waiting to be read. I knew once he saw that this was about cats he would change his mind.

The book is the story of a kindly lady who takes in cats who are shy and scared of just about everything. She trains them daily to help them get over their fears. One cat in particular named Crumb is as shy as can be. But one day Miss Hazeltine doesn't come back from getting the cats milk. It is up to Crumb to get up the courage to help find Miss Hazeltine

Can we talk about the illustrations? I LOVED them. There is nothing like reading a picture book that has fun well drawn pictures to look at. Even if you couldn't read the book you would still want to browse through it just for the illustrations.

This was a great story that teaches that even the most scared of scared can learn to be brave. My son liked the book and before I could even ask he told me it was 5 stars. This one will definitely get a couple of re-reads in this house.

5 out of 5 stars





*This book was read with my 7 year old severely learning disabled son. This review reflects his opinion as well

2 comments:

Parfait Recipes said...

Great reeading your post

Parfait Recipes said...

Very nice blog you have heree