Friday, January 7, 2011

What do I do when I'm not Reading

Unfortunately these days my reading time is fairly limited. I'm trying my best this year to read 1-2 books a week. I remember a time in my youth when I would read 1-2 books a night. Yep long gone are the days that I would forgo sleep just to read one more then one more and then yet another chapter. I miss those days when I could function on a few hours of sleep. But ever since having children I realize just how precious sleep really is. So what do I do in my downtime when I'm not reading? Well, like most other people these days I'm an internet junkie. I spend at least 2-3 hours a day on the internet. Whether I'm playing games on facebook, entering giveaways, reading other people's blogs, or just plain looking up trivial facts (I could spend hours on imdb.com looking up who was in what movie). I also watch TV every night. Some of my favorites are Big Bang Theory, CSI, Criminal Minds, Modern Family, Community, 30 Rock, Dr. Who, Primeval (whoo-hoo it is finally back on the air!), Venture Brothers, Family Guy and Simpsons. As you can tell I spend a lot of time watching tv. I love comedies, crime procedurals and have a huge soft spot for sci-fi. The other thing is when we have my stepdaughter you'll  often find us sitting at our dining room table playing board games. We love playing board games as a family and have well over 50 games! Most are games people have never heard of. Right now we have 3 new games we are planning on playing this weekend.  So that is the short sweet answer to where you will find me when I don't have my nose buried in a book or off scrubbing the toilet or spending quality time with my children.

No comments: