Friday, January 7, 2011

Review of The Walking Dead Issue #1




So in my attempt to broaden my reading horizons I've decided to branch out in areas that I have not read before or normally do not read. I'm not a comic book reader. I think the last time I read a comic book was when I was 9 and it featured Archie and Veronica. Back in October AMC featured a new show called The Walking Dead. It is based on a comic book series by Robert Kirkman. I fell in love with the show and decided to seek out the comic. I've just finished reading the first one and must say I rather enjoyed it. The show was fairly good at following the comic though obviously there was more dialog and action.Also there was more plot in the show.But all in all I enjoyed it. There is strong language for those who are offended and the drawings may be disturbing to some. The zombies/walking dead are very scary looking indeed. What I love is that the comic showed a lot of emotions on the part of the main character Rick. One of the things that nagged my husband and I the most about the shoe was how long it took Rick to catch on to what was happening. In the comic he catches on much faster. Also issue #1 ends very similarly to the tv show. I will definitely check out at least the next two in the series. I would give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. But keep in mind I am a comic book newbie.  




No comments: