Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review- Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone by J.K. Rowling

I have read this book more than any other book. I've read it so many times that I have lost count and my first copy of the book fell apart. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned how I first came to read the Harry Potter books and that I was extremely reluctant (pigheaded really) about reading them. Now I read them all in row every couple of years. They mean a lot to me. They speak a lot to that little girl still inside of me. The one who always wanted to fit in but never did. The little girl who just wished she could fly away and start somewhere else fresh because she just knew that there was somewhere where she would fit in. But of course there was no Hogwarts for me.

This time around I thought it would be fun to read it along with the audio version. I remember as a little girl when I was first starting to read placing orders through Scholastic Books for those books that came with cassette tapes. The only one I really remember was Simple Simon. I wore out the tape. It really was interesting and different to read Harry Potter while listening to the wonderful Stephen Fry (who really just might be God himself) voicing the story. It really did change the pacing of my reading and conjured up different images than I normally would imagine as I would read it.But of course as always it was delightful read and I imagined myself as the 4'th friend to Harry, Hermione, and Ron joining in with them on their adventure and grumbling and despising Snape all over again. I rate the book 5 out 5 stars.




Challenges Fullfilled
KickAss Heroine (Hermione kicks ass!)
TwentyEleven - Back in the Day
Hogwarts Reading 
Harry Potter 2011 Challenge

1 comment:

jen said...

Such a great book. Her interview on Oprah a few months ago was inspiring and thoughtful.

Thanks for swinging by my blog!
Excited to follow all your adventures now, swinging by from the blog hop.

The Survival Mama