Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shaun of The Dead Graphic Novel- Review




So after reading the first issue of walking dead it dawned on me that a few years ago I had bought my husband the graphic novel Shaun of the Dead based on the movie. First let me say that Shaun of the Dead is my all time favorite zombie movie and in my top 5 favorite comedy movies. It really can't be beat! So I pulled off the dusty shelf the book and sat down to read it. It remains faithful to the movie with the same lines and jokes. It is wonderfully drawn though the drawings don't exactly match the actors but that does not detract from it. Though I thought that Liz's body was drawn a bit too manly. I especially enjoyed the last few pages which showed an image gallery. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. It is beautiful to look at but pales compared to the movie it comes from. If you are a fan of the movie and collector I could see you wanting it but beyond that no real reason to pick it up.


From the movie

No comments: