Monday, January 10, 2011

Invaders From Home #1 Comic Book Review

Years ago, long before I ever met my husband he worked at a comic book store. Well, needless to say we have a number of comic books lying around the house. As you may recall in my effort to stem out  in other areas of literature I've decided to try out some comics and graphic novels. Before anyone argues yes comics are literature. They are also a great form of pop art/pop culture! Back in 1990 Piranha Press Publication put out a 6 book comic series called Invaders From Home by John Blair Moore. I read #1 yesterday. It was absolutely hilarious!


The comic is about Bobby Boomer who is nearly 40 years old when his wife lets him know that she is pregnant. This sets causes him to have a hysterical state of mind. He even has a nightmare that aliens impregnated his wife by sticking a banana in her ear. It is beyond funny and a great read for anyone who has children or anyone who is an outside observer to people with children. The drawings are just so wonderful. I especially love all of the expressions that Bobby has.  You know Moore has a wonderful sense of humor just from reading his biography at the beginning of the comic where he states he was raised in Tibet "by a family of itinerant Yak herders".

I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I recommend it for anyone who is a parent, has a sense of humor, or has spent a lot of time with children. I give it my first 5 out of 5 rating!

No comments: