Friday, June 17, 2011

Etsy Shop Profile- RedHeadsandRuffles

Here is my latest etsy shop profile of shop owner Amanda of RedHeadsandRuffles


My name is amanda and I am a 29 year old wife, mother, and new college student. I quit my job of 11 years to return to school to pursue what I have always wanted to do, nursing.

Who taught you how to sew?
My mother taught me to sew when I was young, she made most of her own patterns herself. She could look at something for a minute and draw a pattern freehand and then cut and construct it in no time at all. I was blessed with the same talent.
   What is your favorite item in your shop?
My favorite item in my shop is the ruffle bodice dress. This was my first and most in depth pattern that I have made or sewn. All the ruffles are hand bunched and pinned one by one! It takes over 15 hours to make one dress. The 24 month size dress uses 3 yards of fabric alone. I am also quite smitten with the wall letters and the open back blouse and bloomers because they are recreations of items from my childhood.

What inspires you the most?
My daughter definately inspired me the most! Her name is Lily and she is my precious little flower! Before about 6 months ago I hadn't touched my sewing machine in several years just because I was so busy working, and al the day to day things. But now that she is up and running, I love making flowy little outfits for her. She also loves to help, but her idea of helping is bringing me scraps off the floor and telling me all my creations are "very cute mama". It's nice to have constant positive feedback!

What are your plans for your etsy shop in the future?

I plan on doing a local craft fair this summer and maybe a couple weekends at the farmer's market. 
I would love to see my shop grow and flourish. I really love sewing and I really love making things people love. If i had all the money in the world I would do this for free. I would just make cute little dresses and hand them out like candy, just to see the smiles and hear that people love them. 

I have a new blog at redheadsandruffles@blogspot.com. Soon I will start doing a Freebie Friday. Every other Friday I will be doing a giveaway, either from my shop, or other wonderful etsy shops. I also try to add a bit of myself to it too. I like to see the person behind the brand I like, and I hope that others will like seeing me!

I am also on facebook - www.facebook.com/pages/Redheads-Ruffles/179564035428743
(i regularly list free shipping codes there.....)





No comments: