Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Review- Iron Kissed by Patrcia Briggs

Oh what can I say I'm addicted to the Mercy Thompson books. Like chips or popcorn you just gobble them up and then look disappointingly down at an empty bowl and wonder where did they all go. Though I admit I walked into this book with some trepidation. I had the ending spoiled for me and I was afraid to walk into this book.

In this third book Mercy now has to repay her debt to the fae after they helped her fight the Vampire Sorcerer. Mercy is called in to help look into some murders happening to the faeries on their reservation. As always she truly steps into it and soon her life is at risk. No only does she have to fear the murderer but now the Fae have sent one of their assassins to silence Mercy. With a bounty on her head and one of her close friends in jail for murder can Mercy solve who the killer is and fight off those who come to attack her?

Wow this one was so good. We are given a closer look into the lives of the faeries and learn even more about the gray lords who rule the fae. Mercy is also now forced to choose between Adam and Sam. The ending of the book is hardest part to get through. I know it left a bad taste in many readers mouths and one has to ask how Ms. Briggs could do such a thing to such a beloved character. I rather found it to make Mercy an even more complex character and showed just how much of a fighting spirit she truly has. We also then learn more about the werewolf Ben and why he is the way he is. I love that at the end Mercy decides to take back her life into her own hands and not let what happen ruin her life and her spirit. I give this one 4 and half out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I don't know why I haven't read these books-everyone loves them. Your review makes me want to start them right away. :)

BookGeek said...

I finished this book a few weeks ago and am trying to get my hands on the next!