Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Etsy Shop Profile- Phonechays Creations





Shop owner Phonechay (pronounced pawn) specializes in upcycling and using eco friendly materials. She make some of the most adorable children's hats. Check out her shop and her Facebook. Also as an added bonus just MWTR readers she is offering a 30% off code for your entire purchase in her shop!! How awesome is that? Just enter in code mommyreads30 . Get your kids some really cool knit hats just in time for back to school! I personally am in love with the Despicable Me Minion Hat!



What is your favorite material to upcycle?Right now, plastic grocery bags! lol. I turn them into strips and knit them into grocery bag holders. I thought the idea is funny. Turning grocery bags into a grocery bag holder. lol.

What is your favorite item in your shop?
My Teemo hat is my favorite. I actually made that hat for me. It is inspired by an online game (League of Legends) I play with my finance and brother. I love it so much that I thought other people who play that game might like it too. Turns out, they do! :)

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
My fiance and brother. They are excited that I can make cool things with yarn and they are always telling me to try to make this or that. Or if I can make something for them and it turns out so awesome that I have to make another one to share. 
And of course, League of legends. I am so in love with certain characters that when I am not playing them, I am dreaming about how to make the characters so I can have them with me all the time. I am a geek/dork, I know. lol.

 What are your future plans for your shop?             
Well, right now I'm thinking about the holidays and holiday shopping. I'm working on more winter/fall items. I make awesome fingerless gloves/mittens and other super warm hats that are not based on characters. Hopefully by Sept, I will have a full line of winter accessories available.










No comments: