Friday, July 1, 2011

Book Review- Bone Crossed Patricia Briggs

Ah yes another Mercy Thompson book! I swear these books keep me up reading till I can no longer keep my eyes open. If you haven't started to read this series yet get off your keister and start right now! The vampires are actual scary vampires not sparkly ones. The Fae are bloodthirsty just as you would find in the old fairy tales.



In Bone Crossed Mercy is still dealing with the psychological after effects of what happened at the end of the last book. She has chosen Adam as her mate but must deal with the trauma that happened to her before they can become close. Out of no where her good friend and vampire Stefan appears in her trailer. He has been tortured. He warns Mercy that the head of the local seethe of vampires is after her. Marisella wants revenge for Mercy killing one of her vamps without permission. Soon after an old friend from college shows up on Mercy's doorstep asking her to come help her son who is seeing a ghost in his room. Is this the perfect opportunity for Mercy to get away till things settle down with the local seethe? Or does her friend have an ulterior motive for Mercy to come visit?


Ok without a doubt this is my favorite book in the series to date! I can't even begin to describe how good it was. A scary ghost, a vampire who can walk around in the daytime, the obvious psychological trauma that Mercy is still dealing with. I this one truly but the naysayers of the last book in their place. Mercy is broken but ever the fighter. She truly shows why is is such a strong and wonderful character. She is no milk-toast character who waits for her man to take care of things. She takes care of them and protects those that she loves even when she has gone through something that would completely destroy most women. I give this book 6 out 5 stars. Yes it was that good that I'm scoring it over the star limit!

2 comments:

BookGeek said...

Oh I haven't read this one yet! I love the whole series, though. And I can't wait to see what happens with Adam.

Unknown said...

OH my god this one was so good. I just started the next!