Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday's Tale: The Gingerbread Man

This week I decided to break out a book I had from when I was a baby. This was a Little Golden Book illustrated by the famous Richard Scarry....The Gingerbread Man. We all know that chant "Run run run as fast as you can. You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man." In fact when my son was a toddler I used to say that to him and he would be off and running. Giggling cause he knew I was about to scoop him up and give him tons of tickles and hugs.

The Gingerbread Man tells the tale of a woman baking a gingerbread man who comes to life. He runs past her and many others who give chase. A kindly fox offers to help the Gingerbread Man cross the river. This of course is a trick and the fox eats the up the goodie.

I fondly remember this book and it was fun to go back and read it. I probably haven't read it in 30 years. I've heard many different versions of the gingerbread boy/man. Also who can forget Gingy from Shrek. All I know is right now I could go for a piece of gingerbread.



Thursday's Tales are hosted by CarolsNotebook. Stop by and see what she has read this week or better yet join in and read your own tale this week.

No comments: