Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Book Review: The Trotters of Tweeville: Harraf Namrattle by Shirin Zarqa-Lederman

After I gave writing the review of the first book in The Trotters of Tweeville series I was contacted by the author. A wonderfully nice woman who, like me is a Jersey Girl. She was so happy that my son loved the first book that she gifted him with the second book in the series. My son thought it was really cool that the author personally sent him a message.

In this second book in the series Harraf Namrattle has a habit of telling people exactly what she thinks. She doesn't think before she speaks and has a very bad habit of hurting other peoples feelings. Her mother talks with her and tries to get her to think before she speaks. Harraf gives it a try and soon sees how thinking before you speak is so important.

I have to say I enjoyed this one more than the last. I thought it was a great message that we don't always to think to teach children to think before they speak. We teach them to be honest but we don't always teach them that you can be honest without hurting others. I found that this one flowed better than the last.

Yet again my son enjoyed this book. He liked that the main character Harraf was also a fan of the color blue. Fortunately we don't have issues with my son being brutally honest but it was still a good lesson to teach him.

5 out of 5 stars.







*This book was read with my special needs son who is severely learning disabled. The review reflects not only my opinion but his as well
**My son received this book as a gift from the author. This gift did not influence our review/opinion and at no point did the author request a review for it. 

No comments: