Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursdays Tale: Fixed Fairy Tales- The Princess and the Pea



Ok so I know I'm not the only one who notices in our modern age just how messed up some fairy tales are. Some are not just gruesome but just plain horrible. Well, I came across this youtube series by HISHE Kids called Fixed Fairy Tales. And guess what? It is down right funny

I checked out The Princess and the Pea. A fairly harmless story on the surface. Princess shows up at a castle one stormy night. The prince's mother not believing she is truly a princess places a pea under 20 mattresses. The princess can't sleep all night long. The prince rejoices and the two are happily married.

You'll have to watch the video to see not only just what is wrong with that tale but how they decided to fix this dated tale. I can't wait to check out more of their Fixed Fairy Tales.


Thursday's Tales are a weekly feature over at CarolsNotebook.


No comments: