Monday, May 11, 2015

Back....again


So I know I was gone for a while after only just coming back to blogging. I've been away due to multiple family emergencies. It started with my father becoming very sick and ending up in the hospital. Just as he was sent home my mother became sick. My mother has MS so it is always serious when she gets sick as she has a weakened immune system. Mom ended up going to a rehab center to get better. Meanwhile Dad was getting worse and worse. He went from driving himself around to barely walking finally to not even being able to stand up. He has joined mom at the rehab center and they are sharing a room. Which is great. We don't know when they are getting out but they are both well on their way to recovery.

Just as it looks like all the major medical emergencies were over with we were hit last week with another major and much sadder one. My mother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. No chemo, no surgery. She is in a hospice right now and it is only a matter of time. It is sad to see her. She has dementia and is scared because she doesn't understand what is happening to her.

I'm hoping now to get back into the groove. But I can't make any promises on when or how often I will be posting.

1 comment:

carol said...

I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law.