Wednesday, October 14, 2015

WOW: This week I'm waiting on Ruined by Amy Tintera and The Dragon's Toothache by Annie Besant


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


I've decided to make a slight change to my WOW. Since I review children's books on here as well I'll be doing two WOWs each week. One book for me and one book for what I'm waiting to read to my son.


23252488
From Goodreads:A revenge that will consume her.

A love that will ruin her.
     Emelina Flores has nothing. Her home in Ruina has been ravaged by war. She lacks the powers of her fellow Ruined. Worst of all, she witnessed her parents’ brutal murders and watched helplessly as her sister, Olivia, was kidnapped.
     But because Em has nothing, she has nothing to lose. Driven by a blind desire for revenge, Em sets off on a dangerous journey to the enemy kingdom of Lera. Somewhere within Lera’s borders, Em hopes to find Olivia. But in order to find her, Em must infiltrate the royal family.
     In a brilliant, elaborate plan of deception and murder, Em marries Prince Casimir, next in line to take Lera’s throne. If anyone in Lera discovers Em is not Casimir’s true betrothed, Em will be executed on the spot. But it’s the only way to salvage Em’s kingdom and what is left of her family.
     Em is determined to succeed, but the closer she gets to the prince, the more she questions her mission. Em’s rage-filled heart begins to soften. But with her life—and her family—on the line, love could be Em’s deadliest mistake.
Hardcover368 pages
Expected publication: May 3rd 2016 by HarperTeen

25330307
From Goodreads: What could be stranger than a dragon's toothache? A motley crew comes to the rescue of the dragon in pain, but do they manage to help him? Annie Besant's quirky humor and Rayika Sen's imaginative illustrations make this book a joy to read over and over again. (less)
Hardcover36 pages
Expected publication: February 9th 2016 by Karadi Tales Picturebooks




4 comments:

Kim Griffin said...

Ruined sounds really good! I'm adding it to my TBR now. The Dragon's Toothache sounds really cute, makes me wish I had little ones to read to! Great picks! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

Barb said...

Ruined is really popular today. I have seen it in lots of places. Great choice!

Renee said...

Both books are great picks! I miss reading to little ones.

Renee ~ My Wow Post

Sarah Brown said...

Wonderful blog & .Very informative and nice post, thank for share with us.online book Ticket through Redbus