Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Book Review: Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach



As I said before I've been having a very hard time getting through books lately. I'll start one then cast it to the side. This is the first book in over a month and half that I was able to get all the way through. Wake Unto Me is about modern 15 year American Caitlyn. She earns a scholarship to a fancy French boarding school. But Caitlyn is not normal. She often has nightmares of strange beings that she calls screechers who scream and scratch at her. Her dreams are always vivid and soon she dreams of Raphael a young handsome man who died 400 years ago. There are secrets buried within the school and it is up to Caitlyn and Raphael to uncover those secrets.

This is a time traveling YA romance story. I really enjoyed it. Though some of it was predictable how you got to those predictable things was not. If that made any sense LOL. Part mystery part love story it was enough to keep me reading. My biggest problem with the book was the abrupt beginning. It starts off with her being school and asked to a party by a guy who normally would bully her. She comes home to find out she made it into the boarding school then the next chapter takes place months later where she is off to school. I would have liked the beginning to have a little more to it. The jump was too big a jump and was jolting. But beyond that it was a thoroughly enjoyable clean YA read.  I give it 4 out of 5 stars

No comments: