Friday, April 3, 2015

Book Review: Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs


This book is a reread for me. Since it has been nearly 3 years since I last read it I wanted a refresher before I started the second book in the series. I wasn't sure if it would still hold the same magic for me that it did back then when it was a solid 5 star read for me.

This second time around I was re-enchanted with the world of Mylena. Greta is a kickass female bounty hunter. But she has one major secret. She is human in world where humans are despised and blamed for the world's eternal winter. She arrived in Mylena as a young teenager sent through a magical fire while attempting to save her brother from a witch. But soon her secret is out and all of Mylena is out for her blood. She has no one she can trust not even the Goblin King Isaac, who makes her blood rush.

I'm happy to say that I was still totally in love with this book and my book crush on Isaac still beats strong. I'm a sucker for an alpha male.  I'm all for a kickass main character who is vulnerable at the same time. Oh and the cover....oh how gorgeous is it? Oh how it plays to my inner cover whore.

I'm happy to say that this is still a 5 out of 5 star read for me.