Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mama's Holiday Wish List

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme


TodaysMama (link to: http://bit.ly/tmwishlist) and GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.


1. What is your holiday wish for your family? We've been hit by very hard financial times over the past few years but this year is the worst. We have even consulted a lawyer about bankruptcy as we've had no other choice. My wish is really simple I just wish that I can pull together the perfect Christmas for the kids without them ever knowing that this year out of all the years we can't even afford to buy them the smallest of gifts (I've been trying to win in giveaways most of their presents)

2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? We have my stepdaughter ever other year for Christmas morning. So on the years we have her we get up early and sit down with cups of coffee/hot chocolate and go through our stockings before opening presents under the tree. On years where we don't have her we wait till we get her later in the day to go through the stockings and presents.

3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? A house. Nothing fancy but a 3 bedroom house in a safe neighborhood with a good school district. I'm sick of renting an apartment in a neighborhood that just keeps getting scarier and scarier

4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? One of our favorite traditions is to turn out all the lights in house and put on Christmas music and just sit and watch the lights on the Christmas tree. We do it every single year and it is just so relaxing.

5. What games did you play with your family growing up? My family was never big into playing games. But now with my own family we play boardgames almost every single week and video games a couple of nights a week.

6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Applesauce at the Christmas dinner. It sounds weird but it was something my grandfather always insisted on and was the first food he would look for at the Christmas/Thanksgiving table. Every year I have to have my apple sauce at the table just like my grandfather.

7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? For a short trip would love to go to Disney World. For a longer overseas trip I would love to visit Ireland or England for Christmas.

8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? Lego Harry Potter for XBox360, Fifa Soccer 2011, and Fable III for xbox

No comments: